Thursday, November 6, 2008

Memphis: 90 Golden State: 79 Graceland horror

Thank god I missed last night. Going by the boxscore this was the worst offensive performance I've ever seen the Golden State Warriors play. The John Starks, Donyell Marshall, Chris Mills Warrior teams never played this bad.

Boxscore



Wait we lost to the Grizzlies. A team that was just in the lottery last year and are only starting to gel with their rookies. This type of loss is horrible when you consider how hard the West is and the fact Ellis isn't back supposedly until January. Here's what lost the game

Shooting The Warriors shot a dismal 34% from the field and a ridiculous 15% from the 3pt line. How do you go 3 for 20?.

Marc Gasol I watched him ball a bit in the Olympics and knew he was quite good but he tore it up on Biedrins 27 points, 16 rebounds, and 3 blocks just killed the Warriors. It was as if he was the only player in the paint. Standing 7'1 and 270 pounds, Gasol was hitting nice bank shots and open dunks as he had a field day playing around Biens and Harrington.

Maggette I rooted for Mike Dunleavy for three years. I rooted for Troy Murphy until I realized his double doubles were shallow. I even rooted occasionally for Erick Dampier and Derek Fisher. But I say with 100% certainty that I can honestly never see myself becoming a fan of Corey Maggette. He combined with Jackson to shoot 12 for 51 from 2pt and 3pt lines. since Harrington didn't even come close to picking up the slack this is the type of game I wish I could erase from my memory

Young guys Oh hey, look the young guys got to play. Marco got 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter, Randolph saw 1.5 minutes at the end of the game, and Brandan Wright nearly played a full quarter's worth of minutes. See Nellie loves the young guys. He's just saving them to unleash them on unsuspecting Grizzlies.

Finally with literally nothing Warrior related to comment on I'd like to take this opportunity to please ask you to to go out and vote tomorrow if you haven't done so. I'm not one to care which political side you fall on, I'm just asking you to please take advantage of one of the rights we have in this country that impacts the next generation of leaders. Thank you!

No comments: